Google
Web Zap*Germs Archive
MAIN

June 28, 2005

Paula Abdul Testifies For Nail Salon Safety Standards Law

Paula Abdul testifies about nail salon infections
The latest installment in the saga of Paula Abdul's nail infection came yesterday, when she testified before California state legislators about the infection she developed after visit to a Studio City nail salon in April 2004. The legislature is considering a bill that would establish safety standards for manicure and pedicure equipment, and rewrite state regulations mandating that nail shops follow sanitary practices.

Among her comments during testimony:
What I saw fly out of my thumb was a green-and-yellow, thick substance that smelled foul. And then blood, blood, blood," Abdul said. "Being a professional dancer, I'm no stranger to pain, but this time the pain was so excruciating that even my hair touching my thumb caused me to scream.
A bit more detail (not as graphic!) in this People article.

See the Crowd Pleasers section in the right column for links to earlier Zap*Germs posts on Abdul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home